Latest Social Studies General Knowledge MCQs 2018
Here is Online Jobs Portals Where you can find the Career Opportunities from all over the Pakistan Such as Private and Government Jobs in Pakistan also In NTS JOBS, PPSC Jobs, FPSC JOBS, SPSC JObS, NGO and other Jobs. Here you can find the Latest Jobs Vacancies from all over the World.Social Studies General Knowledge questions and answers Mcqs Latest Latest Online Jobs Portals
1. Which US president said to farmers, “Plant more wheat, wheat will win the war”?
(A) Thomas Jefferson
(B) George Washington
(C) Abraham Lincoln
2. Which one of the following countries became the bread basket of the world?
3. Growing which one of the following crops makes the land fertile.
4. In early 19th century which was the two major commercial crops grown in India?
(A) Sugarcane and Cotton
(B) Jute and Cotton
(C) Indigo and Opium
(D) Wheat and Indigo.
5. Why was the land enclosed in 16th century in England?
(A) For sheep farming
(B) For new houses
(C) For new factories
(D) For more foodgrains.
6. What was the normal height of terrifying dust storms during 1930’s in U.S.A?
(A) 5000 to 6000 feet
(B) 100 to 200 feet
(C) 7000 to 8000 feet
(D) 700 to 800 feet.
7. When was the large part of England quite open?
(A) Before 16the century
(B) Before 17th century
(C) Before 18th century
(D) Before 19th century.
8. What did the enclosure imply?
(A) It means green fields
(B) Piece of land enclosed from all sides
(C) It means open fields
(D) Vast area of marshy land.
9. Why did the poor people oppose the enclosures?
(A) They became jobless
(B) They were deprived of common lands
(C) Their Homes were destroyed
(D) They were forced to migrate to urban areas.
10. Why peasants protested against the threshing machines?
(A) They were dangerous
(B) Difficult to operate
(C) Deprived the workers of their livelihood
(D) Too costly to buy.
11. Who had introduced opium into China in the early Sixteenth Century?
12. Who invented the first mechanical reaper?
(A) Cyrus David
(C) Cyrus Mc-Cormack
13. Who was signing the threatening letters received by England farmers in 1830’s?
(B) Queen of England
(C) Captain Swing
14. How much part of India’s land mass was under cultivation in 1600 AD?
15. Which of the following country became a country of opium addicts?
16. Which one of the following was considered commercial crop in British India?
17. Under which mythic name were threatening letters written to the farmers in England?
(A) Captain Swaine
(B) Captain Johu
(C) Captain Swing
(D) Captain Mark
18. Farmers in England began to stop buying the new threshing machines because they:
(A) Feared the shortage of labour
(B) Wanted to show their superiority by buying these machines
(C) Had enough money which they wanted to invest
(D) None of the above.
19. Which one of the following is related to the name of Captain Swing?
(A) Invention of threshing machines
(B) Breaking of threshing machines
(C) A mythical name for threatening the landowners
(D) Prosperity of farm labourers.
20. Great agrarian depression of 1930 was caused by:
(A) Closure of banks
(B) Closure of factories
(C) Overproduction and subsequent fall of agricultural prices
(D) Crash of stock
21. Which of the following countries faced dust storms during 1930s?
22. Latex can be collected from which of the following trees?
(A) Rubber tree
(B) Eucalyptus tree
(C) Pine tree
(D) Deodar tree.
23. In the late 18th century, which of the following goods was brought by English East India Company from China?
(A) Tea and silk
24. Who was Captain Swing?
(A) A farmer
(B) A laborer
(C) A mythic name
(D) A landlord.
25. Which of the following refers to “Black Blizzard”?
(A) Terrifying dust storms
(B) High rising monstrous wave of dirty water
(C) Ferocious flood
(D) None of the above
26. Which of the following is a commercial crop?
27. In the 19th Century why did the peasants protest against the use of threshing machine by landlords?
(A) Because the machines were expensive
(B) These were not easily available
(C) These deprived the workers of their livelihood
(D) These were too heavy to operate
28. In which of the following ways was the life of poor peasants affected by the Enclosure Movement?
(A) The Land of the cultivators was taken over by the landlords
(B) The poor peasants were deprived of the common land
(C) Fences around Lands prohibited easy movement between lands.
(D) The landlords did not hire the peasants any more.
29. Kharif crops are harvested in?
(A) Between February and March
(B) Between March and April
(C) Between July and August
(D) Between September and October.
30. Between 1820 to 1850 in which area did Indian Americans settles down?
(A) Appalachian Plateaus
(B) Missisippi Valley
(C) Texas Region
31. Which of the following system was adopted by the British to convince the unwilling Indian cultivators to produce opium?
(A) Cheap lands
(C) Collective farming
(D) Scientific fanning methods.
32. Why the ordinary dust storm did took the form of Black Blizzard in U.S. plains in the 1930?
(A) The whole plain was an arid zone.
(B) The entire ploughed landscape was stripped of all grass.
(C) The area faced heavy flooding.
(D) There was no rainfall in the region.
33. Which of the following was the reason that the landlords and farmers decided to buy threshing machines?
(A) They wanted to reduce their dependence on labourers.
(B) They wanted more profit from land.
(C) They did not want the labourers to work day and night.
(D) They wanted to bring more land under cultivation